- To use this tool, your web hosting should support Python scripting
(this is more or less standard for Linux based hosting).
- The path to Python
- The path to the Apache log file
- The script filters YOUR requests. To do that, it needs to know
what you, and only you access. Take these pages and add them to
the 'my_pages' list (see below).
Download and setup
here to download the script. Then change the extension to .py
and edit it a bit.
These are the first few lines of the script. They would need customizing:
= "PUT YOUR PATH HERE"
my_pages = ['/cgi-bin/crawl_demo','ADD
SOME MORE PATHS HERE']
1. Check the path to Python on your system
and possibly correct the 1st line (/usr/local/bin/python)
2. Check the full path to Apache's log file and definitely correct
line 4 (log_fname = ...)
3. Set the list of pages that only you visit at line 6 (my_pages
= ...). These pages will be excluded from the report, your activity
is not displayed the report.
4. Upload the fixed version to the cgi-bin directory,
set the permission to 755.
5. To use: open a web browser at:
* both the 'hist' and 'fresh' arguments are optional and can be
* use the 'hist' argument to determine the number of visitors shown
in the visitor tracking report.
* use the 'fresh' argument to bypass the internal caching of this
script (heavier on your server).
Enjoy this free tool
If this free visitor tracking tool helpful,
consider linking back by placing a very modest link to our home
page (www.onthegosoft.com). Copy the text below and add it somewhere
on your site:
target="_blank">Get your backup software from www.onthegosoft.com</a>
If you have a page, which is somewhat
related to what we do, let us know, and
we can link back to you.
Got a digital camera, CD or DVD burner, but no
digital photo backup?
Then you NEED Photo Backup - click here for FREE trial